28 DAY CHALLENGE FAQ
1) Q - ARE THE WORKOUTS EVERY DAY?
A - No, there are four mandatory workouts per week. Two days are optional (ex: cardio, yoga, workout class or an outdoor activity). I always advise at least one day of rest per week.
2) Q - HOW LONG ARE THE WORKOUTS?
A - The workouts and cardio sessions range from approximately 30-45 minutes each.
3) Q - CAN I COMPLETE THE PROGRAM FROM HOME?
A - Absolutely! You will need to invest in a set of dumbbells and a mat. I usually recommend a lighter set (ex: 5-8 lbs) and a heavier set (ex: 10-15 lbs). I usually incorporate one other piece of equipment into my challenges as well (ex: a stability ball, resistance band, hip band, step, etc.). This changes each month and is fully explained in the program as well.
4) Q - I HAVE DONE ONE OF YOUR CHALLENGES BEFORE. CAN I DO IT AGAIN?
A - YES! I love repeat clients. No two challenges are the same.
5) Q - I HAVEN'T WORKED OUT IN A LONG TIME (OR EVER). DO YOU THINK I CAN DO THE CHALLENGE?
A - YES! Beginners are very welcome to join the challenge! I provide beginner options for exercises as well as video demonstrations so you're never lost.
6) Q - IS THERE A MEAL PLAN PROVIDED AS WELL AS THE TRAINING PROGRAM?
A - I will provide your custom macros (ex: how much you should be eating for your goals). I advise using a phone app (ex: My Fitness Pal or something similar) to track your intake. I will also provide a sample meal plan and frequent recipes in the Facebook group.
7) Q - I REALLY ENJOY GOING TO A GROUP FITNESS/YOGA CLASS IN MY AREA. CAN I CONTINUE TO DO THIS AS WELL AS THE CHALLENGE?
A - YES! You can replace cardio sessions with your favourite group fitness class (ex: spin, step class, or body attack). I also allow at least one day for yoga and another optional day where you can incorporate whatever you please.
8) Q - IS THIS A 'BEACHBODY' PROGRAM?
A - No. All the programs are created by myself - Laura Clendenning. I have a Bachelor's degree in Kinesiology in addition to being certified with the International Sports Science Association (ISSA).
9) Q - IS THERE A FACILITY WHERE WE MEET TO TRAIN AS A GROUP?
A - No. The workouts are done completely on your own. However, I will check in with you everyday via our private Facebook group to ensure you are getting the work done and to answer any questions. Often times I will hold free meet-ups for challengers. We will get together, do a workout, chat and give out prizes. These are held at random.